ESD Communications Digest - August 2011 Edition
Publication List Updates
Please note that due to turnover, RIF's and vacations, it can now take over a month to secure an LBNL number. Please be patient and plan accordingly!
News and Events Digest
- Waychunas Wins Clay Minerals Award
- Thawing Permafrost Could Release Vast Amounts of Carbon and Accelerate Climate Change
- Safe Extraction and Production of Energy Sources involving Fluid Injection
- ESD Scientists Blogging from Arctic
- Hazen/Microbes Make ES&T Cover
- New Carbon Explorer Rides the Storm
Don't see your research on the list? Let us fix that! We will write, edit, and promote your work for you! Contact Dan Hawkes to get the ball rolling today!
Newly hired to ESD! Please welcome:
- Anders, Jennifer – Ecology Department (Student Assistant)
- Cullen, Andrew – Ecology Department (Student Assistant)
- Obrien, Travis – Climate Sciences Department (Geological Postdoc Fellow)
- Wanner, Christoph – Geochemistry Department (Geological Postdoc Fellow)
Did you know that ESD has a staff roster that is updated from HR monthly, and can be filtered and sorted across a variety of criteria? The filter ( ) icon is located on the headings of the sortable columns (updated totals appear in the information box above the table).
Click here to see the roster »
Vivi's Safety Corner
Other Division News
- All news posted for August »
- Current Job Openings »
- Upcoming events »
- Latest information about ESD building moves (user name/password required) »
About the ESD Communication Digest
This digest provides you a summary of communication highlights from around the division that were added or updated during the course of the month. We will strive to provide the digest to you on a monthly basis for your immediate reference. You can always keep connected more frequently by visiting our ESD Homepage, the ESD News and Events Blog, ESD's Facebook page, or ESD's Twitter page anytime!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org when you have an award, publication, event or other item of interest that you would like to have highlighted on the website, and submitted to LBNL Public Affairs for further coverage.